Monday, June 16, 2008

Mundane Monday

Well, things have certainly calmed down since my last post. However, we did have a fun-filled weekend. On Saturday, Chris, Candy, Ralph, Brian and I all headed to Little Rock for a family wedding. We had a great adult-evening and I know I really enjoyed the break. We stayed the night and returned early Sunday morning so that we could celebrate Father's Day at home with the rest of the fam. We first enjoyed a luncheon at church where we spent some time with our departing minister. After lunch, we headed to my parent's house so that we could give my dad his gifts. If you don't know my dad, then you don't know how much he enjoys his music. So for Father's Day, Candy, Brian and I gave him this cool record player that will play his old vinyl records as well as his newer CDs and tapes (we also got him an illustrated study Bible). Have fun Dad; turn it up as loud as you want! Next, we headed to Marc and Leslie's house for Kade's first birthday party. Happy Birthday Kade! The kids had a ball playing outside with all of the fun water activities. Finally, we ended the evening celebrating with Chris' family. His brother Joey and wife Shannon came in to visit and it was nice having everyone together. Today, the kids and I have been extremely lazy and stayed home all day. I didn't even get out of my p.j.s until late afternoon (I know, I told you I was lazy today)! But after last week, I think I deserve it!!!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

So glad that you had a great weekend too! It's funny how weekends are still so important when you don't have to work all week long! It really is okay to have lazy days, that's what I have been doing best, ha! Hope you have a wonderful week!