Before we headed to the lake last Thursday, I took the boys swimming at a neighbor's house. They had a ball with Anna and Lilli, who met us there with mom. Matthew is so funny when he swims. He spends the entire time "rescuing" the plastic rings from the bottom of the pool. He truly cannot think of anything else if there are ANY rings that are not picked up. The best part of this scenerio is Owen. He loves to throw the rings INTO the pool! Owen will throw handfuls of rings into the pool and watch as Matthew diligently dives after them. However, Matthew tires out before Owen does! He will pick up all of the rings and then tell Owen not to throw them in any more b/c he needs a break. Well, you KNOW what Owen does. Once, I even explained to Matt that just b/c Owen throws the rings into the pool, does not mean that he has to pick them all up. But this is just not the way Matthew thinks. The rings must be picked up before he can move on. Once he got frustrated with Owen and said, "Owen, I am risking my life to rescue these rings!" That boy makes me smile!! (check out the pictures)
We had a relaxing weekend at the lake. As I mentioned, we went up Thursday night. Chris worked part of the day on Friday, but he was back and we were on the water by early afternoon. It was just the five of us on Friday. The boys really enjoyed each other, playing Batman on the back of the boat (Matt was Batman, Owen was Robin and Ben was Penguin)! They played this for over an hour and Chris and I just enjoyed laying around and listening to their fun. I haven't been that relaxed in a while. On Friday evening, our friends Danny, Shawna and Laci came up for the night. We cooked out and the kids played. Laci and Owen really enjoyed chasing one another around the deck! It began raining during the early morning hours on Saturday and it didn't let up the entire day. Though we didn't get to go out on the lake Saturday, we did enjoy sitting around on the deck (new covered part), visiting and relaxing. We even cooked out again (a little rain won't deter us from a good time)! Finally, about 9:00 pm, we packed up and headed back to Swifton. After church on Sunday, we spent the afternoon lazing around mom's house with the family and then on the Chris' parents for dinner. Clearly, I ate way too much this weekend and will have to work out extra hard this week.
Before I forget, I have to share some exciting news. For those that know Matthew, you know that his dream is to be a "film maker" in Hollywood. He already speaks of going to film school in NY and then on to Hollywood to make movies. Well, he will get to live out his dream (in part) at the tender age of 10. My sweet parents have invited him to go on vacation with them this summer and guess where they are going!! That's right, they are taking him to LALA Land. He is so excited that he can't stop thinking about it. In fact, he wants to try to meet Michael Bay and give him some story ideas that he has for the Transformer sequel! Again, that boy makes me smile!! Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing weekend! I know you deserved it! Sounds like the boys had a blast too!
Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I know I sure need to relax. I am excited for Matthew! That sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment