Monday, June 2, 2008
Exercise Science
Today was pretty typical for the Keton household. We spent most of the day at home; the kids were totally mistreated b/c they had to pick up and vacuum their rooms. Ben and Owen really kind of liked it, but Matt found it to be torturous. He just does not understand why such menial tasks have to be done. He was even more annoyed when I told him we were going on a bike ride to get some exercise. He said "You know, mom, I don't really like it when those bugs bite me, I think I'll just walk on the treadmill instead." No such luck; he was sprayed down with Off and away we went. For the majority of the trip, he was swatting at invisible bugs, trying not to complain too much, and Ben was following along behind saying, "Mom, am I being good?" It's funny what even the youngest can pick up on and Ben is the master of manipulation. Meanwhile, Owen (who is riding in a toddler seat attached to my bike) is pulling at my shorts saying "I'm going to get your bootie!" After returning home and eating lunch, the boys began throwing rolled up socks at one another while running from room to room, hiding behind the furniture. This began as a fun game, but as usually happens with such sports, it ended in an all out war! Finally, all three had to be separated for some quiet R&R. Of course, this was more for my sanity than their well-being. We ended the day with Ben's t-ball game and my boot camp class. Ben is playing first base on his ball team and he is quite athletically gifted. I missed his game tonight b/c I signed up for a 6 week exercise class and it ran a little long. However, he informed me that he hit a ball almost to the fence and he got all the way to third base. Go Ben! Thanks to Aunt Candy and Uncle Ralph for watching Owen this evening so that we could all get where we needed to be. Until tomorrow......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment