Sunday, September 21, 2008

Calendar Crazed

Well, it has been forever and then some since I last posted. Once I was back to school in early August, my calendar went hay wire. The kids are all back in school and going strong. Matt is in grade 5 and seems to be doing well, so far. LOTS of homework daily, but we are managing. He started back with cubscouts this past week and that adds to our schedule (and my calendar)! Ben is in grade 1 and doing great. He just flies through his work and is the social butterfly. He, too, began cub scouts this past week-this is his first year (Tiger Cub) and he is so excited! He wanted to know if they were going to shoot his bow and arrow the first night! His den will meet every other week - and I guess I will be taking him as Chris goes with Matt. However, this week Ben also begins Basketball. And just guess who his coach is!!!! That's right, Ben and I will be having some quality one on one time (along with 6 other boys) while I coach (or coralle) the team! I don't know how bootcamp is going to fit into the schedule. It sounds like my activity may get temporarily benched. Thankfully Owen is not old enough to have scheduled activities other than terrorizing the innocent children at preschool. He seems to do that quite well! We are overachievers in this family. Chris is just counting down the days until October 1. That is when he gets to spend some time alone in the woods contemplating life while sitting (sleeping) in a deer stand. I have a feeling he may be taking a couple of boys with him this year (wonder if he will go every weekend if he has little visitors)! Until next time....

1 comment:

Tiffany Runyan Garrison said...

I know that when the time arrives, I will enjoy Avery's activies-but right now I am very happy that I don't need another planner to keep track of her appointment. I would love to watch you coach-lots of memories are coming back!