Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

This past week has been a wild one! Our lives have certainly gotten busy since school is back in full swing. On Monday, Ben had his first basketball game. It was so much fun watching him and the other boys have such a great time. My biggest challenge was trying to ref, coach and sub players all at the same time! Chris' biggest challenge was trying to keep Owen off of the court!! I think he drew the short end of the stick!!! Tuesday, Ben had his first night of cubscouts. There are four little boys in his den, and they are a rowdy group! Ben is actually the tame one and that is a scary thought! However, he is so excited about cubscouts and this makes it worth it. Matt had scouts on Wednesday-they shot their bows and even a BB gun. Chris discovered (finally) that Matt shoots left handed. Chris has been trying to get him interested in shooting since he was about 5 or 6. But, Matt has always had difficulty. We just thought it was his lack of coordination. But last night, they switched him to shooting left handed and Chris said he hit the target 5 times in a row! This gave Chris hope that Matt might have some of that Keton hunting blood after all. Tonight was Ben's second b-ball game. However, I went to the game to coach, but Ben had to stay home in bed. He stayed home from school today due to fever and headache. But the game was great, the boys were improved from Monday! Since the boys had such busy schedules this week, I missed my Junior Auxillary meeting and didn't make it to bootcamp any. I am afraid this is going to be a trend for the next few months. However, last night I did get to spend some individual quality time with each of the boys. First, I laid down with Ben who had put himself to bed with a headache at 8:00 pm. He told me while lying there that he just wasn't sure who he was going to marry. I asked him if he had someone in mind. His reply was so cute. He said, "Well, I just can't get Chloe off my mind." Then I had some quiet time with Matt. He was upset after coming home from cubscouts b/c he didn't get to shoot his friend's bow. He had to shoot the child sized bow that Chris took (Matt has really outgrown it, but hasn't shown an interest in shooting so it hasn't been replaced). Well, his friend had a larger bow and Matt wanted to shoot it, but Chris tried to explain to him that this bow was also too small for him and therefore not safe to shoot. Matt just couldn't understand why this was a problem and said, "Dad just isn't treating me with respect. There is such a thing that you have taught me called SHARING." Then it was time for Owen. I was lying in my bed and Owen wanted to lay with me so I invited him into my bed. Owen said, "Mom, what are we doing?" I said, "We're snuggling cause you're my sweetie." He said, "You're my sweetie, too." As if that wasn't enough to melt the heart he then said, "Mom, you're my best friend." Now that is a great way to end the day!!!

No comments: