Sunday, July 20, 2008

Only Child

Not much going on around here the last few days. Matt is in L.A. having the time of his life. We talk every evening and he gives me an account for his days activities. So far, he has visited Warner Brother Studios, Universal Studio and Theme Park, Disney Land California Adventure Theme Park and two Angels games. Not to mention all the eating out and shopping! The first day in L.A. he got to see the big "Hollywood" sign. My mom said when he saw it, he said "We don't have to climb that big mountain, do we?" As I have said before, he's not into physical activity! Chris asked him tonight which was better, Branson or California? Each time he calls, he tells me about a new toy or game that he bought that day. I'm thinking about how much money I sent with him and I know it was gone a LONG time ago!! My parents are so sweet!! Ben went to the lake with Brian, Laura, Will and Andrew on Friday. Chris and I feel like we are on vacation with only one child to take care of all weekend! He and I went to a wedding on Saturday evening. Becauase Candy offered to take care of Owen, we had the nignt to ourselves. What a treat! Ben came home today and we had Chris' parents and brother's family over for dinner. We were celebrating his mom's birthday and we had a nice time visiting. We are all looking forward to Matt's return on Tuesday. We should have some good stories and hopefully pictures to share! Until next time...

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Sounds like Matt is having a blast! I bet they're exhausted after so much running!!! It doesn't appear that he's even thought about getting a little homesick. What awesome memories he will have of this trip with Papa and Nana!!! Hope you have enjoyed your weekend, sounds like fun! See you in a couple of hours! YAY, ECERS!!! LOL!